Please read up on the rules for The Range of Richfield. Those seen breaking the rules will either be warned or immediately asked to leave by the RSO. Failure to abide by any safety rule may result in a reprimand or your removal from the range.
Gun Handling Rules
- ALWAYS keep gun pointed in safe direction – i.e. downrange
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- ALWAYS keep the action open and firearm unloaded until you are ready to shoot.
- Always wear eye and ear protection on ranges – both shooters and spectators.
- Be sure that your firearm is safe to operate and you know how to operate it safely.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm. If not sure, ask for assistance.
- Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting – incl. prescription or OTC meds.
- Never hand loaded firearm to another person – unless a malfunction and to an RSO.
All shooters must read, understand, and obey all rules before you proceed to any of the ranges.
If you have any questions, please ask any of the Range Safety Officers (RSO’s) for clarification.
- All shooters or parent/guardian must sign waiver sheets before using the shooting ranges.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted to shoot on any ranges without a parent/guardian.
- If under the age of 12, there can only be one firearm per child and parent/guardian present.
- No pregnant women or children under 7 are allowed on shooting ranges, for health reasons.
- The Range of Richfield reserves the right to refuse range use or service to anyone for any reason.
- All firearms and ammo are subject to inspection and approval by The Range of Richfield staff.
- Individuals displaying the effects of, or thought to be under the influence of, drugs or alcohol will be prohibited from using any of the ranges – this includes prescription or over-the-counter meds.
- All firearms are to be unloaded, cased, with actions open when entering or leaving the facility
- All “carry” firearms stay concealed/holstered unless you are on firing line and ready to shoot.
- Always wash your hands and face after shooting. Sinks are located in the facilities restrooms.
- Food and beverages are prohibited on the shooting ranges.
- NO SMOKING will be permitted on any range at any time.
- No firearms or live ammo permitted in classroom, except as directed by range personnel.
- Non-members may reserve range time for one lane in advance and are limited to same-day reservations. Walk-ins are always welcome but will be subject to range availability.
- Note: Shooting ranges may be shut down for maintenance or safety reasons at any time.
- Note: Shooters are liable for any damage to equipment caused by their negligence.
- Note: The Range of Richfield is not responsible for any lost or stolen items on property.
RSO’s are authorized to remove any shooter from shooting ranges or the facility whose behavior is deemed by them as detrimental to safe and comfortable operations of the ranges. NO REFUNDS!
- Any and all commands issued by any Range Officer must be followed immediately.
- This range is a normally “hot” range – meaning firing can commence at any time.
- All shooting must be done within the confines of the individual shooting stations.
- Do not handle firearms or stand in firing area near firearms when anyone is downrange.
- Everyone must remain behind firing line at all times. Only staff is allowed downrange.
- Only load/unload firearms at the firing line – always keeping muzzle pointed downrange.
- Uncased firearms must be kept at the firing line, at all times. Case and uncase them at firing line only. Note: “Carry” firearms must be securely holstered before leaving the firing line.
- Keep all firearm actions open when not shooting on ranges – keep actions up if on bench.
- Shooting only allowed from a Standing or Seated position – i.e. no sitting, kneeling or prone.
- No Rapid Fire is allowed – i.e. more than one per second. “Double taps” are ok.
- No firing of full-automatic firearms – this includes product features such as “Slide Fire”
- No tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, Black/Green tip and/or steel core, ammunition.
- No use of Muzzle loading or other Black Powder type firearms (HVAC contamination).
- No use of bean-bag rounds or other less lethal rounds.
- No drawing from a holster is allowed – e.g. “draw-fire”
- Shotgun single projectile slug use ONLY! ANY OTHER kind of round not allowed, including NO HOME DEFENSE rounds.
- If you cannot clear a malfunction, keep muzzle pointed downrange and ask RSO for help.
- Never remove a loaded malfunctioning firearm from range without prior RSO approval.
- Pistols and rifles up to 500 S&W, can be fired on lanes 1 to 6
- Pistols and rifles up to .223Rem (5.56x45mm-NATO), can be fired on lanes 7 to 12
- Cross firing at targets is prohibited – i.e. shoot only at the target for your station.
- There is a limit of 2 shooters per lane and only 1 person can shoot at a time.
- Only paper targets are allowed. RSO’s reserve the right to prohibit targets deemed offensive or unsafe. Use appropriately sized target placed at eye level to ensure bullets enter trap.
- Pick up only your own brass that is behind the firing line – do not reach out past firing line.
- Please place your trash in the receptacle and any “duds/misfires” in noted containers.
When the command “cease fire” is given;
o Stop shooting immediately and remove your finger from the trigger.
o Keep firearm pointed downrange, remove all cartridges, and open action.
o Ensure action is “open”, facing up and place your firearm on the bench.
o Step behind line and await further instructions from the RSO.
Failure to abide by any safety rule may result in a reprimand or your removal from the range.
For more information, and media inquires please head over to our Contact Us page.
Other Important Pages
Reserving a Range Lane
Both the general public and members can reserve lanes at The Range. Members can reserve a lane up to 7 days in advance and non-members have to call the same day to reserve their lane. So what are you waiting for? Reserve a lane and come experience the Ultimate Shooting Experience!
You must call (262) 674-1550 during business hours. Email, text, and voice mail reservations are NOT accepted.
The Range of Richfield Info
The Range of Richfield is the one stop shop for all shooters. Regardless of your gender or shooting skill level, The Range will welcome you, help train you, and know that you will leave understanding why our slogan is “The Ultimate Shooting Experience”.
Contact Us With Questions:
Address: 3026 Helsan Dr
Richfield, WI 53076
Phone: (262) 674-1550
The Range Summer Hours
- Monday: Closed
- Tues-Wed: 11am-8pm
- Thurs: 10am-8pm
- Fri 10am-5pm
- Sat: 9:30am-5pm (shooting @10am)
- Sun: 10:30am-4pm (shooting @11am)